Sunday, September 5, 2010

Stunt Trading

Disclaimer & Warning : This article is just to share a concept and experience and not a recommendation to do stunt trading or gambling. Gambling is illegal in many countries. It can be highly dangerous and potentially financially disasterous to gamble or trade big without professional guidance and without developing highest level of trading competence. This article is purely meant for education and discussion purpose for adult and professional traders only! Readers descrition is solicited. Author doesn't accept any responsibility for any loss or profit arising out of the discussion below!)

=================

Professional gambling is not gambling in true sense.

It is placing extraordinarily high stakes

on the extraordinarily favourable odds!

(Only those who understand the literal meaning of the above two lines can truely grasp what I mean, otherwise there is a real danger of getting me wrong and should not read more of this!)

The result is extraoridnarily high returns!!

I remember, in an interview telecasted in a program in Discovery Channel, a highly successful stuntman from Hollywood said "All our unbelievable stunts are totally secure! All these are scientifically pre-tested and calculated acts of seemingly extreme bravery! Anyone doing an unsafe stunt is a fool!"

Professional Gambling in stock market is nothing less than Professional Stuntmanship.

Anyone doing an unsafe stunt trading is a fool!

I do get a chance to do stunt trading atleast once every fortnight!

But I have certain immutable rules for it.

I never do stunt trading on the short side.

I always do these on the long side.

I always do these with index and not stocks.

And I always do these with options.

I typically buy upto 10 or even more index option lots when I am 99.9% sure of being successful.

I never hold these for more than a few hours.

And when do I do this?

Well, out of 10 times my indicator tells me to buy, I find the best 1 trading opportunity out of those 10 buy-calls which I consider safest for stunt trading!

It gives me decent money in a flash, a super kick and professional satisfaction.

As a double-safety measure

I call off the trade the moment I feel I am excited and not cool, or when there is a slighest of doubt!!!

Last, but not the least, I experience high adrenalin levels even when I have zero doubts!

(Having goose bumps even while I write this!)

No comments: