Saturday, September 4, 2010

Another way to practice trading without money

One of my close friends Madhusudan, who is a top shot IT professional looking for an entry into trading unverse, asked me a better way to practice trading than paper trading.

"Paper trading is not giving me the real-time stress that trading with money would have given! And I don't want to risk my bucks as yet" he said.

He was right.

"There is one more way you can practice trading without money and yet feel all the pressure and emotional roller-coaster ride of realtime trading!" I said.

"Imagine you are a stocks consultant to me.

Imagine I will be investing good amount on just your recommendation....blindly.

Just start emailing or smsing me your recommendation.

I will hold you answerable for your calls.

I will keeptrack of your every call. I will not let you forget the success ratio of your calls to me.

Your reputation, self-confidence, ego.....all will be at stake.

In actual, I will not buy or sell on the basis of your recommendation. It will all be a game. A dummy exercise.

But since your recommendations will be always under my scanner, you will feel the pressure of going right or wrong!

Your ego will be at the stake in place of your money.

I will prick you when your recommendation goes bust.

I will congratulate you when your recommendation comes good.

Playing a stocks-consultant will train you better and faster than solo practice.

Just like a pilot of commercial airliner where 500 lives are in his hands versus when he is flying solo.

You will be under tremendous pressure before pressing that 'Enter' button on your laptop before you send that recommendation email to me.

If your call goes right, I will book profit only when you ask me to. Otherwise, I will hold you responsible if the stock were to dip again.

If your call goes wrong, I will trigger stop loss only when you ask me to. Otherwise, I will let my account keep bleeding.

I will make sure that this dummy game makes you sweat like hell!"

"I take it!" was his reply with sparks in his eyes!

1 comment:

avyukthan said...

Hi Jagmohan,

It is a very good idea for a beginner,for those who are truly interested in learning the technical analysis faster,without investing the real money !!!

As a beginner,have been struggling a lot to find out what is really happening in the stock markets,craving for the knowledge in simple & an explanatory way,etc.

BINGO !!!

Came across your blog last week...which is really my lucky charm,gave me enough confidence to proceed further without any hesitation...no more second thoughts.

Thanks much for sharing your valuable experience through your blog ! Hope I am not boasting anything,but the truth.

Best wishes,
avyukthan