Wednesday, September 22, 2010

"Holy Gambling"

I met Rishant after a long time. (Those who read my earlier posts might remember him as the one who had perfected the art of BTST!)

He came to my office in a gleaming brand new Ford Icon!

And after the initial exchange of pleasantries I was struck with awe to know that he had just bought this car in cash (no loan) from the returns entirely from the "holy gambling"!

"Holy gambling" is the code word we had given to "gambling" he used to do with options once every month.

Once every month he used to buy "deep out of money" 2-3 months away call or put options of a stock which his technical analysis predicted was set for drastically shooting up or down!

He typically used to put at stake 2500 bucks per game per month.

This money he used to "spare and forget" out of his monthly fat salary.

"I assume that I have blown this much less or saved this much extra during the month!" he used to share with me.

"This gives me tremendous entertainment besides often resulting in 5 to 20 times returns in a month depending upon market conditions and my technical extrapolation."

"This is not gambling in real sense. it is the ultimate testing of my technical abilities. Calling it Holy Gambling is just a fun way of branding this low-risk high-returns trade."

No comments: