Sunday, February 21, 2010

What's in my left pocket, What's in my right pocket?

Whenever I go for (e-)trading, I secretly keep two different things in both the pockets of my trousers.

In my left pocket, I secretly carry my understanding of what and why the market may do today!

I keep top secret what is in this pocket.

In my right pocket, I carry the 'sealed' opinion of the "market" - what the market (and not me) wants to do.
I am not allowed to put my hand in this right pocket till the market starts.

Once the market starts, I take out what's inside this right pocket.

If it is similar to what is in my left pocket, it puts a big smile on my face and I trade very boldly!

If it is different, then I forget the left pocket and go with the opinion of the market.

In an interview, noted trader George Angell had said, "every day I go in without an opinion ... and I let the market tell me where it wants to go ... opinions are what get you in trouble."

No comments: