Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Shadow of the Bull/Bear

Long ago when I entered the stock market I had a habit of keep sitting in front of two things during trading hours:-

1) TV (esp. CNBC for the sheer quantity and quality of graphs they keep showing)

2) Computer (online)

I used to keep the TV mute as this way I was spared of the noise pollution.
Those days I used to follow only one stock - Mr.Suzlon.

Only and only him!

The graph of Suzlon was always open in front of me. Minute by minute, Second by second the graph kept inching forward and oscillating.

Below the graph I always kept the volumes graph open.

Those small small volume bars looked like grass growing under the price graph above.

In those days I was not so proficient in predicting the rise or fall of a stock.

Whenever I saw the price of suzlon rise, I used to jump onto the train. But many times I was
late in boarding it! Many times i missed the train as well.

Suddenly one day I noticed a very strange but unmistakable phenomenon!

The Suzlon graph jumped up when in the "grass ground" of volume bars below, a very tall bamboo appeared!!!

First day I couldn't make much out of it!

Next day too, the suzlon graph jumped up when the "Bamboo of the day" appeared below!

I was shocked! and excited !!

I back tested the suzlon daily graph for last 20 sessions and was shell shocked!

Every time that "tall man" came in the volumes graph, the price either shot up like a rocket or dropped like the Newton's apple!

That day i came to understand that there was some correlation between that tall man or bamboo and the price!

Some big operator was coming in or exiting when that tall line appeared in volumes chart!

I couldn't see the operator, nor did I know the name of him, but I had the indirect signal of him when he came or exited! Like Mr.India!

I started calling this tall line as "shadow of the bull/bear"

That day onwards, I always waited for that the "shadow".

It never disappointed me. Whenever it used to de delayed I felt restless as people feel when their girlfriend or boyfriend is late!

In those days, I was a novice in the stock market. I didn't know why the "shadow" came at the time it came.

But I thought, I need not know. Let me silently follow "him".

The only trouble was I didn't know whether the price will shoot up or down when the "shadow" came!

But generally I predicted that much right.

So, when to enter was decided by that mysterious shadow and whether to enter on the long side or the short side was decided by me!

Such extraordinary shadows can seen in the "photographs" of many stock graphs daily. Hunt them, follow them!

No comments: