Sunday, February 7, 2010

Last 75 minutes of an injured trader & the dying declaration.....

A trader puts X amount in a stock (buy).

The stock starts going down...

The following statements pop out of his/her mouth turn by turn

After 5 min : "It is just marginally down"

The stock starts falling.

After 9 min : "It is just bluffing"

the stock falls more.

After 12 min : "It is going to turn up"

the stock doesn't.it slips further.

After 14 min : "It will turn up"

it doesn't, is falling...

After 19 min : "Why is it not turning"

the stock doesn't listen...it keeps falling

After 23 min : "When will it turn up"

no reply...falls more

After 28 min : "It is too much down now. I can't book loss. I must wait till it turns up"

the stock's speed of fall slows

After 34 min : "It can't go down more now. It is going to bounce back any time now"

it doesn't....starts falling again.

After 41 min : "The loss is growing. What do I do?"

stock is teasing...still falling.

After 44 min : "I should have put stop loss"

stock is not impressed.

After 46 min : "I should not day trade"

After 52 min : "I will not day trade"

After 53 min : "I will not trade"

After 54 min : "This is not my fault. The market is behaving irrationally"

After 55 min : "Next time I am going to be more careful. If only this time it goes up. God...please!"

the stock slows its fall.

After 59 min : "Someone help me, what should i do now?"

After 63 min : "Nothing can be done. I should book loss."

After 64 min : "I will book loss the moment it goes up slightly"

The stock starts falling more..

After 74 min : "Why is it going down more?"

After 75 min : "I book loss"

The loss is booked.

...and the stock starts moving up!!!

Dying declaration of the "innocent" trader : "I should have gone with the trend. I should have shorted!"

No comments: