Sunday, March 28, 2010

R U a developed country?

When I was in school our Social Sciences teacher asked us the difference between a Developing country and a Developed country.

I remember none of us could answer properly.

We had only a vague idea.

We thought that poor countries were developing countries and the rich ones were the developed.

But didn't know that the "rich" countries had more debt than the "poor" countries!

Then the teacher gave us the "proper" definition of the two.

"A developed country is the one which has sorted out its basic concerns and met its basic needs.
They are now focusing their energies on advanced issues and not petty trivial ones!", she said.

"And the developing countries are the ones which are still grappling with the basic questions of life and society, which haven't yet overcome their absolute basic problems."

Years have passed and this definition has stuck in my head.

In every area of life I have used this definition to guide me.

Even in stock market, for a long time, I was always struggling with the basic issues.

Issues like principle amount, methods, discipline, basic mistakes, emotional decisions etc....

So much so that I was frustrated to see myself unable to focus on bigger and advance issues like maximising the returns and learning advanced techniques.

I was a developing country all the way....

till I couldn't take it any more and decided to sort out my basic trading issues once and for all!

Now, I am atleast satisfied that though I may not be in the frontline of 'countries' but am definitely not a 'developing country' anymore.

I have sorted out my basic trading issues and habits and problems and am feeling much much better.

Big profits may still be a little away but big or stupid losses are no more there.

I am still developing and always continue to develop

but in developed issues only.

I am a developed country!

and it has nothing to do with being rich.

1 comment:

pattern.solver said...

Dear Jagmohan,
I have been reading lately most of your posts and would like to compliment your amazing flow of lucid thoughts coupled with great wisdom and most importantly your gracious zeal in sharing the wisdom.

I would like to discuss a little indepth on stocks perspective and if you can let me know your e-mail or if you can write to me, would greatly appreciate.