Sunday, March 21, 2010

A stock without face!

Many friends ask me

"Which stock should I buy?"
"What all stocks should I track?"
"Which stocks are good for trading?"
"...so and so are my favourite stocks for trading. Which one are yours?"

Frankly, I don't trade "stocks"

I trade "tradable signals".
I trade "chart patterns"
I trade "buy and sell triggers"
I trade "indicators"
I don't trade stocks, I trade "favourable chart formations"

It doesn't bother me whether I trade a Reliance or a Tata or a Bajaj or a Birla or a Mahindra...

It doesn't bother me whether I trade Hindustan (Unilver) or Punjab (Tractors) or Gujarat (NRE Coke) or India (Cements)...

It doesn't bother me whether I trade a Nalco or Balco or Hindalco or Malco...

It doesn't bother me whether I trade a NFL or CFL or MFL or RCFL...

I don't trade for dividends.

I am not an investor either.

I don't see the face of the stock

I see its shadow...

Its graph...

In the graph I look for signal(s) of an upmove or downmove...

I look for a higher low (or lower high)...
I look for a rising triangle...
I look for a sleeping volcano formation...
I look for the baseline / topline hints...
I look for 34/8 contours...
I look for spikes...
I look for the weakness or strength in the chart structure...

What's in a name, after all...as Shakespeare had famously said...

I am not interested in the name or face or history of a stock

Rather, I am not interested in stocks per se...

I just look for the trading signals

Any stock will do if it is carrying the placard reading "trade me, NOW!"
Otherwise, no stock will do...even if it is the mighty Reliance or ONGC...

This way my search is always limited and fast and stressfree.
Everytime I start searching for "the suitable" chart, I come across one very soon.

When I look up to see the name of the stock in the end, I am generally amused. And, I have never been betrayed!

(Ofcourse, after seeing the name if I am not comfortable with the name for some bad reputation etc. I look for the next chart!)

So, my friends no more ask me

"which stock to trade? what to buy?"

They, now ask me

"Which signal to trade."
"Which chart is showing the signal?"

As a trader, I can't afford to be emotional about any stock...especially when I am not the promotor of them.

However, I AM the promotor of "I,me,myself Inc."

My loyalties are not towards specific stocks

but towards me, my methods, towards chart patterns, profits and opportunities!

Ofcourse, I diversify!

And look more for charts in a sector I think has started to move!

But I have become habitual of ignoring the names.

I am constantly looking for a stock without face

but with character

to go places!

2 comments:

Dinesh Rishi said...

Excellent !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

fantastic explanation!! fantastic human being... i am regretting why i joined so late.... but no probs i appreciate i am here..