Thursday, August 19, 2010

Is fundamental stock picking difficult?

Is fundamental stock picking difficult?

Think again!

In his international bestseller

"One up on the Wall Street"

legendary Peter Lynch said

"Twenty years in this business convinces me that any normal person using the customary 3% of the brain can pick stocks just as well, if not better, than the average Wall Street expert".

"You can know it (a great stock pick for investment) before Wall Street knows it"

"....I stumble onto the big winners in extra-curricular situations..."

These words made me 10 times more alert in day-to-day life about the signals around me which could throw up possible multibagger winnercandidates for investment before it becomes "talk of the town" in business channels!

I successfully picked Jubilant Foodworks Limited when I noticed that Domino's were renovating their outlet in Shimla, were opening another one in solan and many more.

"They must be growing pan-India if they are into tier-3 cities like Shimla and Solan!" I thought.

I bought the shares @282 and today it is at near 500! I am sure it is going to grow as their number of outlet grows!

This success has made me sit up and keep my eyes wide open in search of silent loud signals around me of the emerging winners.

So many times we are so blindly dependent on the TV channels and print media and brokers that we miss big winners right under our nose.

Earlier I used to mute the TV when ads came!

Now I don't.

I carefully enjoy every ad!

Ads are nothing but the fashion parade of the emerging winners in the business arena.

Though not all ads are from the winners, but winners are in those ads!

Character of ads hints at the winners.

Rest is common-sense followed by some googling - fundamental and technical!

4 comments:

sriganeshh said...

it is nice & reassuring read on fundamental picks..please keep it coming...

best
sri

Ravi - BigPaisa.com said...

Nice article.
There is very little common-sense in picking stocks. You proved it.

Regards,
Ravi

Ravi - BigPaisa.com said...

There is little common sense in picking stocks. You proved it right.

Tryin2Trade said...

Jagmohan Hi

Just came across your blog today....

Must say very nice indeed...

But whats more interesting is finding someone from my own home town SHIMLA!!!!

Cheers!!!

Manoj