Thursday, August 5, 2010

3 to choose from

How many of you have got a chance to see Delhi Metro?

It is, no doubt, Delhi's and India's pride.

Who could imagine underground railway below Chandni Chowk!!!

Er.E.Sreedharan and his team has been successful in knocking off the "Im" from the word "Impossible" and thus rekindling self-confidence in fellow countrymen!

Delhi, so rich in history, has now got the link to future!

I first saw this engineering marvel in early 2006. I was moving around in Cannaught place with my family when it hit upon us that we were near the CP Metro station and should "have a look"!

As we started getting down the stairs into the earth, I could never imagine that I was about to see a huge huge world below the Palika Bazaar!

It was almost like a city below a city!

Metro trains were criss-crossing, from what it seemed, from every direction and that too, at different heights (on elevated tracks)!

It was so swanky! so futuristic! straight out of a fiction novel!

India's first rendezvous with dream infrastructure after the Golden Quadrilateral!

We travelled from CP to the second last station and back.

The train was less of a train and more of a speeding hi-tech tube!

The whole experience was full of breathless pride as a countryman.

If you miss one train, don't worry. Just look far around your shoulder and you would get the glimpse of another one coming!

------------------------------------------

I fondly remembered all this last evening when I was wondering whether I had to satisfy myself by just having the choice to travel in only one train in the stock market - Nifty?

As I have shared earlier as well, I prefer trading only index futures.

CNX-IT as well as Bank Nifty were the only other indices that were up for trade but the lot size was over 5 lacs for both.

This increases the risk for an experimenting trader like me!

But to my utter surprise, I found out that CNX-IT as well as Bank Nifty lots had been halved!!!

I was thrilled!

Somehow I had skipped this crucial change!

Now, I had 3 choices of "metro" trains.

Nifty, CNX-IT and Bank Nifty.

While I.T. sector is dollar sensitive, Banking sector is rate and sentiment sensitive (especially after Lehmann and Greece!)

Nifty, on the other hand, is more subdued!

Therefore, cycles of all these three are offset from each other.

So when one is at the peak, the second may be quite down while the third may be somewhere in the middle!

You miss one, there is second one coming, followed by the third!

You get three times the opportunities.

You don't need to wait, just like the Delhi Metro!

I hope they build more metros and allow more sectoral indices for trade!

-----------------------------------------

No comments: