Thursday, August 5, 2010

Hazaaron khwahishen aisi...

Hazaaron khwahishen aisi ke har khwahish pe dam nikle Bahut niklay mere armaan, lekin phir bhi kam nikle

(Thousands of desires, each worth dying for... many of them I have realized...yet I yearn for more...)

Immortal words from Ghalib....

How true for each one of us!

Mobiles, Bikes, Cars, House, Foreign trips, Jewellery....

Shoes, Gadgets, Laptops, Expensive toys, 5-star dinners and parties.....

Even a crore of bucks will be less for the unwritten shopping list we all have got tucked in our secret pockets.

Buying anything at the drop of the hat!

Saying goodbyes to big amounts at the itch of an impulse!

Swiping Credit and Debit Cards with false pride!

Turning deaf ears to the tiny voice inside...

What is important?

"Everything is important"

What can be post-poned?

"Nothing can be postponed"

What if your bank balance finishes?

"It hasn't. Lot of it still there."

Who among us can claim that he/she hasn't had cashflow into his/her life?

Where is all that money gone?

The critical difference between the eternal strugglers and immortal rich
is the habit of wasteful expenditure.

Inability to say "No" to the devil inside seals our fate.

Inability to store the money earned like a Dam stores water of the mighty river to generate electricity!!!

As the title of a chapter of the best seller book

The Millionaire Next Door - by Thomas J. Stanley and William D. Danko, says

"Frugal, Frugal, Frugal"

One of my friends has developed a superb psychological trick to control this leakage of fortunes!

In his words

"I have a million desires.

All my wealth will vanish to fulfill just a few of these....

Then one day I took a simple decision which changed my life.

I never say 'no' to any of my desires or cravings.

I say 'yes' to all'!

but with a rider...

All I say to myself is

'Earn and Buy, don't touch the Principal!'

Now, what I have in my bank is never touched.

It is as sacrosant as our religious holy book.

It is used to trade.

What I earn from the trade is at the disposal of my mischievious self
to buy anything....

that too a part and not whole.....

whether it is thrown away is not my headache.....

but surprisingly, the tiny trouble maker inside me

has suddenly got wise since the decision.

I know that I am free to buy anything

with a part of the earnings

but now my core has got the message.

It has grown up.

Ready to become immortal rich!"

---------------------------------------------------

(Brilliant translation of Ghalib couplet by
Kanjal Mehta, oldpoetry.com)

No comments: