Sunday, April 11, 2010

Aladdin's Genie and the stock trader

A stock trader once found Aladdin's lamp.

He had struggled so much in the stock market that at first he didn't believe in his good luck!

He thought the lamp was fake and just a decoration piece of brass.

He rubbed it gently and half-heartedly.

Wooooooooooooshhhhhhhh...........

A genie came out!!!

The poor trader couldn't believe his eyes!

"Make a wish! My Master!!" said the genie.

"Make me as rich as Warren Buffet!", the trader shot from his mouth.

"As you wish, My Master!"

"How much time do you give me to do that for you?" asked the Genie.

"Can't you do that first thing tomorrow morning?!" slipped out of trader's mouth.

"Are you crazy? Market will be in the upper circuit. You would need circuits everyday for the next 2 years to reach anywhere near Mr.Buffet! Give me a realistic time frame" commanded the Genie.

The trader never expected this conversation.

"OK, Pl make me Warren Buffet in 5 years" he compromised.

"Which method do you want me to use to make you Warren Buffet in 5 years? I mean should I use RSI or 34/8 or Trix or Mass Index or what?" asked the Genie again.

"You also need a method? what kind of Genie are you?"

The trader was now visibly restless and annoyed.

"Mr.Trader, other traders in the market have not come in my wedding that they will let me have my magical ways get thru. Pick the method"

"Ok, do it with RSI" the trader murmurred.

"How much Principle amount do you have?", Genie asked again, with that serious look on his face!

"Why do you ask that?", asked the trader, visibly surprised at the blunt question.

"No, I need to know that!", quipped the Genie.

"I have very less amount. You are Genie. You should have guessed it!" the trader felt exposed!

"You want me to make you a Warren Buffet from that principle!!!"

"Wake up Mr.Trader. Stop day dreaming. Be realistic. Otherwise you too will lose your shirt like me and would only be doing it for others and live in a lamp or under a lamp post! Good Bye!!!"

1 comment:

Amol007 said...

Wow JS this is good lesson for newbies , who day dream of becoming rich in short time .