Sunday, January 31, 2010

How to trade Gap Opening...

Gap openings in the morning can occur due to global market pressures, overnight global or local developments, sectoral or company based news, etc.

Gap openings are of 4 types:-

1) Gap-up opening during short-term uptrend

2) Gap-down opening during short-term uptrend

3) Gap-up opening during short-term downtrend

4) Gap-down opening during short-term downtrend

EXCEPT IN THE END OF THE SHORT-TERM TREND the first and forth are unlikely to be filled. The second and third are likely to be substantially faded or completely (even over).

So the second can be bought, the third can be shorted.

It is assumed that there is no major fundamental-changing development, otherwise gaps are unlikely to be faded or filled.

Positions should be squared off when the gap is filled. Also, larger the opening gap in second and third case, safer the trade.

Half of the gap should be taken as stop loss.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would like to thank you for the efforts youve got produced in writing this article. I am hoping the same finest operate from you inside the potential also. Actually your creative writing skills has inspired me to start my personal BlogEngine weblog now.
http://vimax.bligoo.fr/

Anonymous said...

Thanks on your marvelous posting! I quite enjoyed reading it, you are a great author.
I will be sure to bookmark your blog and will often come back sometime
soon. I want to encourage one to continue your great writing, have a
nice morning!
Also see my website > click the next web site