Thursday, February 18, 2016

"no" to "free" trade

js : trading is a business because it is the business of the businesses
if you can survive part time you can survive full time for sure. vice versa is doubtful.

if you don't have the key, opening a lock is the toughest business. if you have the key, it is the easiest. that's why I always say spend time and energy finding your key

 even a small tea stall can support a life. trading surely can. you need tech of trade, capital, trading character and commitment. commitment atleast as much as that tea vendor's.
the trouble is masses take trading as part time gambling with a respectable name. I don't mind if they are totally missing its business potential. this is much cleaner than the businesses

--

rajan : what i fear the most is that many wanna be traders may get motivated and start trading full time , giving up there jobs (how so ever small it might be).

Earning from trading is one of the most difficult things-Believe me.

It is emotionally , physiologically, and if you do not have the vantage position then financially draining.

I am really sorry to be a spoil sport but i am concerned about many traders here who may jump to trading as profession without really knowing the tricks of the trade.

--

js : I totally agree. that's the reason why I didn't switch to date. I have my own criterion of when I'll allow myself to go full time

--

rajan : i can count many traders who were good in trading , going broke.. when big fund house can go broke , who have every infomation and technology at there disposal, ;a small traders plight can be well gauged

--

js : criterion 1.....18 months of buffer funds...... 2. already 3 months of consecutively making double what I'm earning today...... 3. when I'm damn sure about the system's consistency in varying situations

: but having said that, improving and improving to the extent of consistent excellent returns does lead you to the inevitable objective of going full time. that should be the logical end. but I totally agree that no one should kick stable income source till trading is yielding much more since long

: I never wish to instigate anyone to go pro trader. just like I won't instigate anyone to fly an aircraft without training. but that should be final aim. no shortcuts.

: if you don't aim, you will never reach. your approach will always be adhoc. like a stock market daily wager. like the habitual single digit lottery buyer of every evening

: also, anyone not intending to be full time trader shouldn't be a part time as well. he better be an investor or go mutual fund route or other asset class.

: Rajanji's warning is true and timely. it is a reality check. a spanner in brakeless wheels. perhaps, full time trading is not for everyone. and hence shouldn't be discussed recklessly openly least some hapless unsuspecting guy falls pray to day dreaming. trading surely is damn difficult to mastered. no doubt. and can be the shortest cut to disaster in life. and we have families to support.

: but those who are serious and disciplined enough should either marry trading sooner or later or stop flirting

: I think we all remember bicycle of our childhood with two support rods on both sides rear with small wheels at the end. these prevented us from falling. we removed them when those were not touched in our normal riding after days of practice. when those supports were rendered redundant. our trading is like that bicycle and existing jobs etc are those support rods with small wheels. remove them when they become redundant by the consistent trading balance.

: not before that

: I'm sure some day Rajanji will say that 98pc are wrongly into trading. and I'll agree with him. at least from present state of mind of all..... self talk

: day trading is strictly for professionals and full timers

: IMO

: surprised to see new comers there. and so many. rather, majority

: new comers cone to trading because they can't wait for investing returns. but in the end, majority end up extremely late even by slowest investing time table

: the first 100 keys one gets turn out to be knives

: I have 200 of those somewhere in my old notes.... self talk

: the one which opens mind is the one that finally works

: it took me 13 years. may be I'm below average. now I can't turn back. and most likely I'll make it big in next 26 years. but it took me bloody hell longer than I thought..... self talk


trading is the only school where everyone comes experts and goes out to learn

I'm often amused and greatly satisfied to see that most of the pro traders and experts in TV go horribly wrong.

trading is taken as a mass joke. painfully amusing.

I often go to shimla sabzi mandi and see real wholesale trading.... same in the apple Mandis.

apple trucks are despatched from shimla to Delhi mandi after hearing the price and by the time trucks reach there next morning prices  have often crashed

lacs lost or gained overnight

stock markets are much more mature places and mercifully higher volume but still we trade even more primitively than the primitive ways of veh and fruit markets

pure satta

blindly

the logic behind trades that I hear are shocking at times and disturbing mostly

one of my friends was working with kingfisher. after the debacle, he turned to trading and made double history.

every key discovery is a balloon whose pin is waiting.... self talk

anyone having a real key never shares and hence remains hidden from scrutiny. the pain in the end is big. lonely failure.
groups like this are actually meant for method sharing and making rather than tipping

there is no point staying in trading without scaling up. and there is no point in scaling up without being sure about returns

if one were to open a shop for trading in stocks with some rent and salaries to pay, I'm sure one would trade differently.

free trade is the culprit

--

No comments: