Tuesday, January 11, 2011

remembering my uncle!

when i was a kid

my uncle from U.S.

used to visit us every year.

whenever he came

he brought many toys and gadgets for me!

i always waited eagerly for his next visit

dreaming what gift he would bring for me this time!

--

for the time he stayed with us

he would play with me

and let me win!

he would teach me tricks

which got me accolades

when i displayed those tricks in front of my friends!

--

when he returned back

he left behind packets of candies and chocolates

pens and other memorabilia!

--

i remembered him long after he went back

and would wait for his next visit!!!

--

i was reminded of him after long time

after yesterday's big fall in the market.

--

FIIs are like traders' uncles in stock market!

they too are from US and other rich countries!

they too come here every year

and go back!

every year we eagerly look forward to their visit!

when they come

they indirectly bring us lots of gifts

by way of profit

resulting from rise in stock prices!

for the period they stay with us

everyone around them is happy

for their mere presence

is enough to cause stock prices to soar!

--

but the similarity between FII uncles

and my childhood uncle from US

ends here.

--

when the FII uncles are here

and see my stock price slide

they cunningly don't intervene

to stop the slide

even when they easily can!

they let me bleed!

and step in only when i am unconscious!!

--

they use their big moneybags

to unsettle every trade i and my friends take!

they start buying things from everybody

causing others to start buying too!

and when the price has gone too high

they start distributing

those very things

in our neighbourhood

at much higher cost!

they play tricks

but unlike my childhood uncle

take our money!

--

these uncles

when they go back

they don't leave me with candies and chocolates!

rather, they take away all my hidden candies and sweets!

they take all toys of my kids!

they take back much more than they bring here!

they leave back memorabilia of nightmares!

--

today i am remembering my childhood uncle!

No comments: