Sunday, November 7, 2010

"Let's play a game!"

"Let's play a game" market said to the trader.

"What game?" the trader asked

"I will either go up or go down. You have to guess my move and catch me!" the market explained the game.

"But you will see what I do and will never get caught!" the trader quipped.

"Ok! I will be blind folded all along and will not come to know whether you have taken long or short position." the market assured!

"That's fair." sighed the trader.

"But that will leave you at a disadvantage to me in the game!" the trader said to the market after some thought. "Both of us should have equal opportunity!"

"Yeah, you are right! If I am blind-folded you will catch me everytime." the market agreed.

The market started to think and then said

"Ok....! To make it fair, I will also be bluffing and excessively vibrating to dodge and confuse you!"

"Wao! It will be a great game now!!!" said the trader.

Several years have passed and the trader has been losing miserably!

All this while the market has been blind-folded

and kept the promise to move only up or down (no third direction)!

But its bluffs and vibrations have proved to be too much for the trader to bear!

"Can we change the rules a bit again!" the trader whispers!

No comments: