Tuesday, October 19, 2010

"Go get the prize!"

A great hunter's hunter son returned home in the evening

after a day out in the deep jungle......hunting

dejected and tired!

"Why are you empty handed, son?" proud hunter father asked his talented hunter son.

The son remained silent.

"Tell me, son? Did you go for hunting today?"

The son nodded in affirmation.

"Is your gun OK?"

"Yes,Dad!"

"Did u have the ammunition? Was the powder dry?"

"Yes, Dad!"

"Was the weather OK?"

"Yes!"

"Did u find the animals?"

"Yes, Dad! Many of them?"

"Then, son, what happened?"

"Dad, When I aimed at a moving deer and was about to pull the trigger,

I saw another dear closer to the first one and moving slower!

The second dear appeared more lucrative target

so I changed the aim to this second deer.

I was about to shoot when this deer changed its speed

just then I saw another deer which was not moving.

So I thought it prudent to target this stationary one.

I changed the aim and just then the deer starting running.

I chased my gun's barrel in his direction when I saw another deer who seemed an easier target.

I pointed my gun on this one but just in the nook of time he moved behind a bush!

All day, Dad, I kept aiming but never got the chance!"

"We will go together for hunting tomorrow, Son! Now come and have dinner!"

The next morning the father and the son got up early.

Father picked up his 1920 vintage double barrel rifle and wore his lucky hunter shoes.

"Why don't you take your best gun, Dad?"

"You hunt your best with mind, not with gun, Son"

They went deep into the jungle.

The son spotted a deer!

"Over there, Dad." he whispered to his Dad

The father aimed.

The deer sensed the danger and started running.

Deers around that deer also started moving.

The father kept his aim on the marked deer and ignored all in the foreground.

Locked the target

and pulled the trigger.

The deer turned in a flash.

The bullet missed the deer.

Father kept his eye on the running deer in the target eyepiece of the rifle.

And pulled the trigger for the second time.

"Go get the prize, son! It's over there near the rock!"

No comments: