Monday, March 7, 2011

trade without goggles

i was damn busy

working on my laptop

when

i asked my son

to hand me the apple

lying on the table in front of him.

--

he picked it up

and handed it to me.

i was about to bite the apple

when my lips felt

that something was wrong with the apple!

i took my eyes

off the laptop

and looked at the adam's fruit

only to find

that it was an orange!

--

i looked at my son

and immediately came

to know

the reason behind

the mixup!

--

my son was reading

his 3D book of dinosaurs

with

the 3D goggles on his eyes

with one red

and one green see thru paper!

he looked at the orange orange

and his left red 'eyepiece'

took it as a red apple!

he was too busy immersed in his book

to realise the mistake!

--
i smiled

while he was still confused as to

why i turned towards him and why i was smiling!

--

this is exactly what happens

in stock markets

everyday!

we see

what we want to see.

our preconceived notions

and opinions

and expectations

hijack

what is in front of us!

--

if we want an apple

we look at every orange, banana, grapes on the chart

as a bullish red apple

just because

our eyes of the mind

are covered with

coloured goggles!

what we see

when we look at somthing

is heavily

influenced by

what we see thru!

--

trading with your goggles

is dangerous!

No comments: