Friday, June 25, 2010

A strange way of stock picking

One of my friend has a strange and unique way of stock picking.

First, let me tell you that he is not a technical trader but believes in fundamentals.

Second, he is more of an investor than a trader.

Now, his method.

He does no research before buying

no fact finding

no expert opinion

no listening to management interviews

no charts

no balance sheets

no profit and loss statements

nothing

except......

whenever and wherever

a service or product thoroughly satisfies and delights him

whenever he is thrilled to see the customer-oriented attitude of the employees

whenever he is overjoyed at a product

whenever the service standards make his eyes bulge with surprise

whenever he is touched by the sheer commitment to customer satisfaction

whenever he finds discipline and perfection

whenever he finds the employees motivated and empowered

whenever he finds great value for money

whenever he finds trust in the air

he checks whether the company's shares are listed.

If yes, he buys quite a handleful.

"I want to be a part of this success story", he says.

Thereafter, he keeps visiting the company every 6 months.

He holds the stock till he still finds the quality and value-delivery amazing.

He keeps enjoying the value appreciation as well as dividends.

The moment his sixth sense notices a decline, he sells.

2 comments:

rochak parekh said...

please visit my blog STOCK2GAINS.blogspot.com
to react on my new write up" What is ur trader type " . My friends, comments from all of u are very important as i would wanna keep improving myself in my journey of blogging.
thanks
regards.
rochak

Anonymous said...

While I do appreciate the drift of your msg it does not always work that way - whenever I have occasion to deal with any branch of sbi , the service provided is so horrible that I wonder how on earth this organisation survives - but the stock chart is an investors dream come true ! Also whenever I have to deal with icicibank I wonder how on earth they manage to provide world class service in this mera bharath mahan - still the stock chart shows a nightmare ride with sudden air pockets ! .....Jafo