Friday, May 28, 2010

Unfinished story

When I was a kid, I loved going to my granny's house every weekend at Ambala.

She loved me very much and I loved her more than anyone else!

She used to tell me bed-time stories every night.

And I used to fall asleep before any story finished!

But the beauty was that my Granny always used to tell me stories that never finished in one day!

I always loved long stories!

The next night, she used to revise the story-till-last-night before continuing it further!

I was always excited to finish the unfinished story.

Similarly I never day trade anymore.

Because I have experienced that the nifty story from oversold to overbought and back is never finished in one day

just like my granny's story.

Some upside or downside is generally left which spills over to the next day or even for a few days more!

And I still hate missing "the rest of the story"!

I always feel that 2-5 days swing trading is much more profitable than day trading of all these days put together.

It is because in day trading we miss and waste a major portion of the move - both before we enter and after we exit.

Besides, we miss the big jumps called gap up or gap down openings!

So, I don't do day-trading

I do week-trading!

And I have the approval of my Granny who keeps watching me from up above the sky!

No comments: