Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Advanced Jet Trainer

When I initially started trading with rsi, i used the following "Advanced Jet Trainer" trading technique.

I used it because I wanted to gather courage to trade freely in the merciless wild world of stock market

but was afraid of the monster called loss if my trading decisions were to go wrong.

In this simple technique, there is no or very less loss but good profit!

This technique boosted my confidence like steroids and busted my fears like cannons!

The technique is very simple:

I used to buy one mini-nifty lot "permanently" when rsi 14/30min on 1 month chart exhausted in the oversold zone.

Thereafter, all I used to do was

* Short one mini-nifty lot whenever this rsi exhausted in the overbought zone

* Buy one mini-nifty lot whenever this rsi exhausted in the oversold zone.

Since I always had one mini-nifty long

my short decisions, if right, resulted in addition of value to my perma-long

if wrong, it resulted in no-profit-no-loss (as my short position was always hedged by the perma-long)!

my long decisions (in addition to the perma-long), if right, resulted in double profit (perma long as well as additional long)

if wrong, it resulted in very less and momentary loss since I always bought when rsi had already exhausted in oversold zone!

whenever I missed the shorting opportunity (rarely that happened), I never worried because I knew it will come up!

This simple technique did wonders for me.

I was rarely wrong, and almost always right!

Eventually, I gained enough confidence to trade without the "crutches" of the perma-long mini-nifty lot.

Just like a child learns to balance the bicycle without the two supporting legs with small rollers at the end!

I gradually graduated to nifty (rather multiple lots) instead of mini-nifty.

This simple "training" technique is based on the assumption that markets' have a natural tendency to go up.

They can keep going up forever but can't keep going down forever!

(Disclaimer : This is not a recommendation to try this technique. What worked for me may not work for everyone. This is just to share. Pl use your discretion.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good one, and original too.