Saturday, August 6, 2011

rag pickers


many people hate rag pickers.

i don't.

i admire them
for searching for value
amidst heaps of abandoned bits and pieces.

not surprisingly
many a times
they find valuables therein.

but for them
those precious things
which got in the wrong heap
would have been either lost
or ended up
in the stomach of a fish
and hence on the table of a rich merchant.

--

i, too, from one point of view
am a rag picker.

well, not as well and as passionate one.
but definitely i am trying to be one.

every other day
whenever i am in mood
and have money in my pocket
i remove my "comfort" shoes
roll-up my "casual" sleeves
cover up my "impulsive" nose
and get into
a new heap
of abandoned
stocks!

amidst the soiled
dusty
greasy
worn
torn
broken
rusted
outdated
and
dead stocks

quite often
i do locate
a still-breathing
promising
potential stock
not deserving to be there
but in my portfolio!

i bring them home
wash them under the light of facts and figures
shake them up to hear the sound of promise
and put them on my investing table.

No comments: