Saturday, January 30, 2010

A secret library at my home...confession of a trader!

I have a big weight on my heart.....a hard-held secret in my heart that wants to come out.....

I want to share with everybody that i have a secret library at my home which i have rarely shared with anyone. today i am revealing it to you all.

this library is different from normal libraries.

It doesn't have books in it but........mistakes. this secret library is full of the mistakes i have committed in stock market in the last 6 years. big and small, stupid and intelligent, novice and professional, knowingly unknowingly,.......

i have preserved all of these with care and love and affection.

i have arranged them all chronologically.

None of them were gifted to me. none came free. i "earned" these all my-self.

Some came cheap, some very costly. I have a collection ranging from Rs.100 to some worth half a lac. But i love them all.

All are international best-sellers as hundreds and thousands in the world have committed them over and over again!

Some of these mistakes have simple story behind them while others had complex storyline which i could grasp only after reading (committing) them a few times!

Some are paper-back (less weighty when they fell on me) while others are hard-bound (which hit me very hard when they fell upon me).

Whenever i pass in front of this secret library, i always stop for a moment, have a long look at my collection and tell myself 'What a collection!! But I must not "buy" the same titles again and waste my hard earned money. Only new ones are welcome, preferably paper-back.'

I am proud of my secret library. I have earned each of the "book" in it. I treasure these for what they have taught me....

No comments: